Much like another simple pasta dish I love, this has been made a few times in the past weeks. It's a way to really hold on to summer and with the tomatoes and basil still in abundance I really shouldn't be wishing it away too soon.
This recipe hails from my mother saying, "let's make that" and is a recipe she found in Southern Living. Thanks, Mom. I loosely adapted it here.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- 1 (24 ounce) package cheese ravioli. Any other pasta will do too.
- 3 pints assorted grape tomatoes
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch or two of ground pepper
- 1/2 cup torn herbs such as basil, oregano, and parsley
- 1 (8-oz) container of mascarpone cheese
1. Put on your water to boil and set your oven to broil with the rack about 4-5 inches from the top. Stir together your tomatoes, garlic and olive oil and place on a jelly roll pan. Prepare your pasta according to the directions on the package then broil your tomatoes for 5-8 minutes, stirring halfway through.
2. Transfer the tomatoes to a large bowl and top with cooked pasta, lemon juice, salt, pepper, fresh herbs, and mascarpone in dollops. Stir everything together and serve immediately!