I know many of you are awaiting this recipe so here you go! Anderson is with my parents today so I plan on breaking lots of blogging rules and getting a lot of posts out for you- maybe/hopefully multiple in one day.
I got the inspiration to make these over on A Cup of Jo, a blog that is far more lovely and inspiring than my own. I followed her recipe mainly but tweaked it some.
We didn't have a whole lot of Nutella left so I decided to use Peanut Butter as well. Nutella has honestly been used more recently in our house on mouse traps and I have to admit I'm not fully on the Nutella bandwagon. Then again, a hint of chocolate in here without using chocolate chips was really nice and I liked the peanut butter for extra heartiness adding protein of course to this bread. I've been eating it the past several days for breakfast and like to think the peanut butter has added some protein that helps stick to my ribs.
I did make one loaf but had a hard time seeing how I could stretch it to two so I made some muffins instead. I have a large muffin tin that creates cafe-like muffins but you could use a standard muffin tin as well and just check them after 15 minutes or so. You could obviously do mini muffins as well checking after 10 mins. As for the bread, that baked for a little over an hour though I started checking it after 45 minutes.
Recipe thanks to and Adapted from a Cup of Jo.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- 5 ripe bananas- a little over 2 cups mashed
- 1 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray with baking spray or butter and flour a loaf pan and also a muffin tin.
- In a bowl mash together the bananas and set aside.
- In a stand mixer beat the brown sugar, butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to mixer and beat until incorporated then mix in bananas.
- Microwave the Nutella and Peanut Butter together for about 20-30 seconds until melty then pour into the batter, swirling with a spatula so you see lines.
- Pour the batter (it's thick) into a loaf pan and also muffin tin. Bake the bread for about 45 minutes or until the center comes out clean from a toothpick. Bake the muffins until they are done as well, checking after about 15 minutes for standard size muffins or after 10 minutes for mini muffins.
Serve warm with butter (why not?) and enjoy!