Benjamin started grad school just a couple weeks ago. To be honest before it all began I was quite dramatic about what this new season would look like for us. Clearly I'd be losing my husband, single parenting, eating cereal at 8:30 PM for dinner, and doing everything all.by.myself. This isn't true. He's still been able to help (granted we're not in the thick of it) and I've been combating the cereal dinners by making tons of food and stocking my fridge and freezer like a snow storm is coming.
Although school is for Benjamin this does mean that 2-3 nights a week I'll be hitting it solo until he gets home. I already go through the day as most nights Anderson is already in bed by the time Benjamin gets home. That's not what I'm worried about.
I'm wondering how I'll fill my time at nights and honestly hope it's not sitting in front of the tv indulging in the Bachelor. Garbage in, garbage out. Although I will admit the junk food does taste good sometimes.
Here are some things I'd like to accomplish:
1. Pick up a book and READ again. It's been awhile and I'm still making my way through one thousand gifts which I started months ago. Any good book recommendations?
2. Actually do the Bible studies I'm in twice a week instead of leaving them to skim the night before. Enough said.
3. Keep cooking and blog blog blog.
4. Finally put together a book of Anderson's first year. Long overdue. I should seriously get this done before...Spring?
5. Paint my nails. It's the little things in life as a Mom that make me feel put together during the week. A good pair of jeans, somewhat fashionable top, and painted nails really do the trick for me.
Oh, and those matching shirts pictured above? I got that for Benjamin and surprised him with a matching t for Anderson. Big wife points were earned.