Creamy Leek, Mushroom and Zucchini Pasta
Yesterday was one of those days where I really didn't want to make dinner. The news said it felt like 114 and then the national news said, "and one of the worst places for the heat wave is Washington DC." Lovely.
Not so long ago my parents would call telling me of the heat and humidity and I'd be happily going to the beach thinking, "we all make choices in life.." Oh naivete. We fall in love with an Air Force man and go where the jobs take us.
I know I said a few days ago that I wasn't eating cream sauces these days, but this one is different. It's basically vegetables and wine then sour cream added in at the last moment. It's super simple and won't have you sweating in the kitchen thanks to minimal cooking time and no oven required.
This recipe was sent to me by a friend who loves food like I do. When she said it was a good one, I knew I had to make it. It's inspired by her vegetable box and I just tweaked the recipe she sent a bit.
- 1 lb whole wheat penne, cooked
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 10 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 generous cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
1. Boil water for pasta and once it's ready for the pasta start the sauce. The pasta should take about 11 minutes or so which is how long the sauce will take!