Veg Box: What I Cooked Up
It's Thursday which means a whole box of surprise produce will greet us this evening. I'll have fun skimming through recipes I've clipped out and looking through cookbooks for new ones on how to use up the veg.
As a recap here's what we got last week, and how I used it.
- Spring Onions- chopped up and used in place of shallots in recipes
- Kale- grilled and tossed with creamy sesame dressing
- Heirloom Tomatoes- stacked with avocados and drenched in buttermilk cilantro dressing
- Garlic Scapes- chopped up and thrown in sloppy joe's in place of green pepper
- Butter Lettuce- eaten in a salad for lunch
- Cherries- consumed within 12 hours of receiving the gems
- Broccoli- steamed up and served with dinner
- Watercress- thrown in with salad greens
- Mini Heirloom Tomatoes- another lunch time salad
- Spinach- lunch time salad greens
- Yellow Squash- shaved for this salad
- Zucchini- shaved for this salad
- 2 Onions- chopped and used in bolognese sauce
- 2 Carrots- chopped and used in bolognese sauce
I really hope we get peaches this week. Please oh pretty please...