Individual Peach and Blueberry Cobblers
I'm about to go heat up one of these gems and thought I needed to share the recipe with you now. At this point in the weekend you may have cooked enough but still have some people to entertain. Friends, relatives, or special someones- this is your ticket to a happy Memorial Day.
If you've got some fruit on hand and flour, vegetable shortening and milk you're good to go. Sadly, and sucha travesty in fact, we didn't have vanilla ice cream with these but I'd more than highly recommend that you do. The juices do soak nicely into the biscuit topping however, so don't let the lack of ice cream stop you from making these.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- 4 peaches cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- dash of vanilla extract
- 2 dashes ginger
- 2 dashes cinnamon
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- sugar to sprinkle on top
2. Mix the peaches through blueberries in a bowl. Gently toss then place into 4 ramikens. Butter or spray them if you need to- mine didn't need to be sprayed.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. With a pastry cutter or 2 knives cut the shortening into the dough until its crumbled. Stir in the milk, recognizing you may need 1-3 tablespoons more so that it comes together. Spoon topping over each berry cup then sprinkle the tops with sugar.
4. Place in the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes until golden. Let cool slighly then enjoy while warm!