...Spiced Crab and Mango Salad...
This dish is a nice summer time salad with an extra kick of fancy. Of course the crab and mango and avocado will have others swooning and the grapefruit on top adds a lovely punch of color. You could even serve this with edible flowers like chive blooms or fresh pansies for an extra punch.
Having made this salad only once I would recommend watching the level of mayonaise you add. You don't want all the lovely ingredients lost in the salad and you want to make sure the dressing is well seasoned and not too heavy. This is best served very cold so make sure your ingredients are all cold when you start to assemble!
Recipe thanks to Small Parties
Ingredients You'll Need:
- 1 mango peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 pound crabmeat
- the juice of 2 limes
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/4- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried or 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups spring mix
- 2 ruby red grapefruits, peeled and segmented
Place your lettuce on a plate, top with the crab salad, and then garnish with the grapefruit. Enjoy!