...quick coq au vin....
This recipe is taking me back to when I made it awhile ago. Are you over mushrooms in half of my recipes? I'm not. It was quick- as the title tells you- and had the same flavors of the recipe that takes hours. If you have hours, you could make that version. If you want a good weeknight meal that doesn't have you eating at 8:00, try this.
Recipe thanks to Bon Appetit
Ingredients You'll Need:
- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 8 shallots (or some onion)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 11/2 cups dry red wine (think Syrah)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons flour
- Preheat oven to 300. Saute bacon until crispy- transfer to a bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and parsley. Add to drippings in the skillet and cook through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a dish and place in oven to keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and onions to skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 4 minutes, until brown. Add garlic and toss for 10 seconds then add wine and 1 1/4 cups of broth, bacon, and some more parsley- about a tablespoon. Bring to a boil and stir occasionally for 10 minutes- the sauce will thicken!
- Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup broth and flour in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add to sauce and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste- make sure it's seasoned enough!
- Place your chicken on a plate and top with the sauce. I served this over rice to get up all the juices!