sweet and sour chicken with couscous
Ingredients & Recipe thanks to Martha
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 jarred peperoncini, drained
- 1/2 cup couscous or orzo
- Heat oil in a medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and cook until soft and translucent, 10 minutes. Add garlic, and cook until soft, 2 minutes. Add chicken, orange juice, vinegar, currants if you have them (I couldn't find them!), sugar, and peperoncini. Bring to a simmer; cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add couscous, and cook until al dente. Drain. Serve chicken with sauce over couscous.