curried vegetable soup
- 1 head cauliflower- cut up into florets
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 14-oz. can vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 cups frozen baby peas-vegetable blend
- 2 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 1 pasilla pepper
- 2 celery stalks
1. Heat broiler. In Dutch oven heat some olive oil then cook the leek, carrot, celery until translucent. about 10 min at lower heat. combine cauliflower, coconut milk, broth, and curry powder. Bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
2. Once the soup had been cooking a bit, I took my immersion blender and got the cauliflower a bit blended. I didn't want the whole soup to blend, but I did want some texture to come from the florets. Once it was at the consistency I liked, I added frozen peas and got it all hot again. Make sure you season the soup and taste it as you're cooking to make sure it's just right.