thanks, cooking light.
- 1 tablespoon walnuts (or pine nuts)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
1. Cook pasta- as much as you want- according to directions. Drain the pasta but keep a little bit of the water. Pasta water is excellent to put back into the pasta, just a little bit, if you need to make it more saucy. If you don't use all the pesto- freeze it in ice cube trays for perfect personalized pasta sauce whenever you want it!
2. Place 1 tablespoon nuts and garlic in a food processor; process until minced. Add arugula and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper), and process until well combined.
3. Add arugula mixture and reserved cooking liquid to serving bowl; toss well to coat. Serve with cheese.