sesame noodle must try..
allie and jess came over for dinner last night which for me is a good excuse for a healthy good recipe. i've always loved peanut noodles at restaurants but they're loaded with fat and oil so this recipe looked really tempting. it was so easy and delicious, and nutrisous as i made it with whole wheat angel hair instead. we had it warm but seems like you could have this at any temp you please. salty, sweet, with a kick. try it!
- Coarse salt
- 12 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets, stalks peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons dark-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti 3 minutes less than al dente. Add broccoli, bell peppers, and onion. Cook until pasta is al dente and vegetables are tender, 3 minutes more. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and vegetables.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes. Add hot pasta and vegetables; toss to coat, thinning sauce with a little pasta water, if necessary. Serve at room temperature or chilled.